Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success. Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
This position is a 12 month contract to cover for Maternity leave. What you'll be doing:
- Remain up-to-date on information provided in the Grooming manual and the Whistler Blackcomb Employee Handbook
- Participate in departmental meetings, and personal/team performance evaluation programs
- Assist with daily administration including payroll, email, notice board updates, general filing, scheduling, word processing, onboarding/off-boarding for Grooming, assisting with Enablon and Honeycomb reviews, SOC's and Deficiency reporting, as well as other daily operational needs
- Maintain an 'audit trail', a system of checks and balances, that ensures the integrity of all business conducted by the unit
- Update daily communication outlets, including (but not limited to): Safety meeting notes, Internal Facebook groups, and email.
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy!
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the Best, and We Care
- Previous office experience required
- Previous customer service experience required
- An aptitude for mathematics and accounting and accurate record keeping
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office/Excel
- Any experience in Operations is an asset and/or knowledge of Grooming operations
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains is an asset
- Active listener and supportive team player
- Work well under the pressure of time constraints and concurrent task "juggling"
- Team-player, calm, organized, attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Concise, open and honest communications skills
- Flexible (ability to work varying hours/days as business needs dictate)
- Proof of clear criminal record check
- BC Driver's License and Drivers Abstract mandatory
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 476291