Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime! Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
In this full-time year round position, the Health and Safety Claims Specialist will work with the objective of reducing the human and financial cost of workplace injuries. This position works with the team to manage routine aspects of workers compensation claims and acts as a liaison between Whistler Blackcomb, WorkSafe and injured employees. Responsibilities include effectively coordinating with stakeholders, facilitating the Recover At Work Program, assisting with reporting, and providing the best possible service and care to employees who have suffered a workplace injury. Job Specifications:
Starting Wage: $20-25
Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time - Year RoundEssential Job Responsibilities:
- Promptly review incidents as they are reported to determine employee eligibility for coverage.
- Initiate and maintain proactive communication with injured employee, supervisor and WorkSafe BC.
- Provide assistance and support to supervisors and management on all aspects of the workers compensation program: incident reporting including data entry support for software program, injury management, WorkSafe compliance, Recover At Work program
- Answer the Safety Hotline, monitor and respond to emails.
- Provide support and communication with First Aid Room for employee injuries and assessments
- Coordinate Recover At Work (RAW) plans for modified work with Supervisor and the employee based on injury limitations
- Complete regulatory reporting and payroll information to WorkSafe
- Review WorkSafe decision letters to determine appropriateness of adjudication
- Attend regular meetings with WorkSafe Case Managers and Entitlement Officers to review claims and their status
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of weekly and monthly injury reports.
- Provide support and administrative assistance to H&S Supervisor and rest of H&S team as assigned
- Be able and willing to take on additional tasks & responsibilities as program continues to evolve and expand
- High School or Equivalent; Post-Secondary an asset
- Proven experience showing planning, organizational, analytical skills
- Previous experience working with confidential information
- Ability to work independently
- Workers' compensation experience or case management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Windows-based programs
- Aptitude to learn new software programs
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must possess strong communication skills with a personable, professional telephone manner and proficient writing skills
- Demonstrate our core values around Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail necessary
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people in all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays as per regular set schedule
- Proof of clear criminal record check
- Working local knowledge of WB an asset preferred
- Previous knowledge of Health and Safety practices an asset preffered
The budgeted range starts at$20-25. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 455060