Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success. Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Starting Wage: $19 / hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20/hour.
What you'll be doing:
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Entry
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest's and internal customers' expectations and to provide them with the finest mountain recreation experience.
- Perform nightly scheduled and unscheduled patrols, lock-downs and unlocks of Whistler Blackcomb properties ensuring security of property and assets and the safety of our employees and guests.
- Deliver daily deposits from outlying locations in secure manner.
- Perform daily collection of documents and cheques from assorted locations and make deliveries in a secure manner.
- Generate daily e-mail reports of patrols completed, incidents, events and findings.
- Report need for maintenance or repairs to patrol vehicles as required.
- Assist guests or staff as requested or required to ensure efficient operations and excellent customer service.
- Generate and issue security incident reports to location managers as required
- Respond to security and fire alarms, investigate cause of alarm events and document findings. Contact emergency response personnel as dictated by the WB Emergency Response manual or as otherwise required.
- Liaise with security or outside contractors, Whistler Bylaw Officers, Whistler Fire Dept. and RCMP as required.
- Review security system data bases and live or recorded security video as required
- Maintain organized and accurate records.
- Maintain voice and e-mail communications.
- Assist with issuance or return of keys to inventory as required.
- Document and promptly communicate the need for maintenance of security infrastructure and all facilities as they arise especially where safety issues exist.
- To respect the confidentiality and privacy of staff and guests at Whistler Blackcomb and adhere to all related corporate policies.
- Must Possess BC Security Guard license having completed Basic Security Training.
- Demonstrate our core values around Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
- Applicants must be at least19 years of age in order to drive company vehicles
- Applicants must be able to communicate and read/write in English well enough to carry out common/daily duties. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must. Those speaking English as a 2nd language may be subject to a language proficiency exam.
- Ability to manage conflict. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary and must be able to work effectively with people.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Prior use of proprietary security software and video surveillance systems is an asset.
- Class 5 BC drivers license with satisfactory abstract.
- Bondable - criminal record check required.
- Previous security background or employment history with Whistler Blackcomb is an asset.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 435147