Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success. Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Come and work in the legendary Whistler bike park!
We are looking for people to fill full and part time Bike Patrol positions for the 2023 season, and invite you to come join us in October for our hiring clinic. Successful candidates will be offered a job for the 2023 bike park season.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime! Job Summary:
Looking to help make a difference? As a bike park patroller, you will carry out the daily opening and closing procedures of the Bike Park as well as assisting our guests in times of trouble and emergency. Job Specifications:
- Starting Wage: $21 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time and Part Time
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- To continually strive to exceed our Guests' expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
- To provide front-line interaction with summer guests at Whistler Blackcomb.
- Administer First Aid in the Bike Park.
- Fill in for Alpine Summer Patrol when required.
- To be due diligent in the handling and recording of all accident information forms and to insure the accurate and timely delivery of information to the Mountain Bike Park Patrol Supervisor.
- To mark, sign, open and close all biking trails in accordance to the standards set out in the Bike Park.
- To ensure safe trail conditions are met for all guests and staff.
- To provide First Aid for bike race events.
- To carry out the daily opening and closing procedures as they are laid out in the Bike Park.
- To work in conjunction with the guide/coach staff of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Increasing Mountain Bike Safety Awareness by patrolling the Bike Park on a daily basis.
- To assist with other departments as required.
- Administer First Aid at Blackcomb Adventure zone when required
- Perform lift evacuation as required.
Tryout Clinic Schedule (subject to change):
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
- Minimum of 80 hour Level III Occupational First Aid certification, Outdoor Emergency Care III or PCP, and Basic Life support 1st Aid. Wilderness 1st aid not accepted.
- Excellent risk management skills.
- Rope rescue and rope access skills an asset.
- Previous Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain Ski Patrol experience is preferred, but not required.
- Expert rider capable of riding all the trails of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park.
- Able to interact well within a positive, high-energy team atmosphere.
- Must be well spoken and able to interact with guests on the front line.
- Must hold a full and unrestricted valid BC driver's license.
- Must be a minimum of 19 years old.
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
Must be available for 1
of the following clinic dates
Thursday 6th October
Saturday 8th October
Each day will consist of an interview, a ride test (black diamond level minimum
), a bike park geography challenge and an orientation of our daily work flow. Please come equipped for being outside in all weather conditions, with a suitable bike for the bike park and all protective gear. Bike park day passes provided as needed.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 484898