Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success. Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
What you'll be doing:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Ensure safety procedures and policies are followed while work is performed, according to Worksafe BC and Company Policy.
- Maintain a tidy work area at all times.
- Perform outdoor work in all types of weather and locations.
- Perform indoor in various locations including (at times) publicly crowded areas
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join made of wood, wood substitutes and other materials
- Maintain and repair wooden structures in various settings (i.e. on mountain and valley establishments)
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay sub-flooring, erect walls and roof systems
- Work professionally with the public, subcontractors and all other departments at all times
- Work a variety of different shifts as required
- You will occasionally be required to work overtime
- Must be a TEAM PLAYER, which includes always willing to lend a hand
- Work effectively with other Carpenters, helpers, and or subcontractors on various projects within Whistler Blackcomb's properties
- Fill out work orders, complete daily sheets as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate our core values: Serve Others, Do Right, Be Inclusive, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun .
- Proven experience in the Carpentry trade required
- Must be able to perform job tasks and produce a high quality product without direct supervision
- Operational knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb required
- Familiar with work order systems, computers
- ATV/Snowmobile operation and knowledge of hand held 2 way radios, 10 codes & radio etiquette an asset
- Must possess a valid Driver's License, willing to obtain and provide a satisfactory N Print driver's abstract
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) a definite asset
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related building maintenance role
- Must possess BC ITA certificate of qualification
- Proof of criminal record check
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 490188