Transportation Coordinator Trainee (12-month term)Vernon, BC
Are you passionate about Logistics and enjoy researching and coordinating global transportation options? If your answer is yes then we would love to talk to you.
The Transportation Coordinator Trainee is accountable for the cost effective coordination and timely movement of product to Tolko’s customers around the globe. The Transportation Coordinator assists sales and operations in optimizing sales, service and profitability. Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders, the focus of the Transportation Coordinator is on achieving specific budget targets and performance scorecard goals that are applicable to the strategic supply chain vision.
Building alternative supply chain solutions allows you to apply creative thinking skills to everyday challenges, differentiating Tolko and yourself in the marketplace. Leading to personal growth opportunities within our organization.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- 1-3 years experience in transportation and logistics, global geography, and distribution;
- A diploma or degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience;
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Superior organizational, analytical, interpersonal, communication and time management skills are required;
- Ability to operate in a fast paced team environment while providing superior service to internal and external customers;
- Use of analytics to provide sound recommendations.
- Knowledge of the forestry and wood products industry would be considered an asset.
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Sales and Marketing