Are you equally strategic and hands-on, capable of great thinking, execution, and enjoy working through influence? If the answer is yes we would love to connect.
The Director Communications contributes to Tolko’s strategy and goals by working proactively with the VP, People & Services and the rest of the executive team to develop and execute on the overall communications strategy for the organization. Defines, communicates, and protects Tolko’s brand and reputation. As the Director of Communications you will provide support to all functional areas and business unit managers in matters related to communication of important messages and initiatives and manage external communications in a manner that will enhance Tolko’s social license to operate. You will lead the small communications team in planning, coordinating and executing corporate promotions, media and public relations activities, and develop the communications budget.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- Experience in leading through influence – takes initiative, is able to be accountable, can clearly articulate and model expectations and hold others accountable in a positive and effective manner without having authority.
- Superior relationship builder who possesses the presence, stature, knowledge, expertise and communications ability to generate respect and positive collaborative relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Confident, articulate, able to share ideas while maintaining a strong sense of team, and is continually evaluating what is best for the organization.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of progressive experience, and knowledge of, effective communication and stakeholder engagements strategies at the corporate level.
- Experience with both internal and external communications and public relations in a fast paced environment.
- University degree in Business Administration, Communications and/or Marketing;
- Must have a continuing record of professional development.
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.COVID-19:
Tolko has implemented a Vaccination Policy that applies to all Vernon office employees. The policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may be eligible to request an accommodation under provincial human rights legislation.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca
or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Government Sales and Marketing