Log Yard Supervisor – Armstrong Lumber
Armstrong, BCAre you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Log Yard Supervisor is accountable for the safe operation and supports the maintenance program of all divisional mobile equipment. The Log Yard Supervisor ensures all operations are conducted in accordance with WCB and OH&S regulations and Tolko Industries Ltd.'s safe work procedures, operating policies and quality standards. The Log Yard Supervisor coordinates work schedules and company and contractor equipment to achieve planned production targets. The Log Yard Supervisor will be responsible for yard inventory management and ensuring the safety of the contract log haulers on site.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- Three to five years related supervisory experience, preferably in a union manufacturing environment;
- Post-secondary education in forestry, business, engineering or related field is an asset;
- The position requires wood products manufacturing experience, mill volume experience, knowledge and maintenance skills, and employee relation skills;
- Exceptional organization and time management skills;
- A proven track record in leadership and safety performance;
- Superior computer application skills;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca
or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Operations and Logistics