Do you enjoy the audit function while providing internal consulting services? If you said yes we would love to connect.
The Internal Audit department is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services to add value and improve the organization's operations.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor will plan, execute, and report engagements as defined in the annual Internal Audit Plan and assigned by the Director, Internal Audit. Such engagements may include financial, operational, compliance, internal control, and governance reviews. In addition, the Internal Auditor will provide recommendations as necessary.
The Internal Auditor is expected to implement innovative ideas to maximize audit efficiency and effectiveness utilizing audit software and data analytics tools.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 2-3 or more years of internal audit experience.
- CPA or other recognized accounting designation and CIA designation (CISA/CISM is an asset). Candidates who are in the advanced stages of the CPA designation will be considered.
- Previous experience with JDE system or any other ERP system is an asset
- Experience with generally accepted accounting principles and internal auditing standards
- Experience in forestry or manufacturing environment is an asset
- Information technology audit experience/ professional designation is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrated ability in using audit software and data analytics tool
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Up to 30% travel to the mills and other operation sites may be required
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.COVID-19:
Tolko has implemented a Vaccination Policy that applies to all Vernon office employees. The policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may be eligible to request an accommodation under provincial human rights legislation.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca
or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers
Follow us on LinkedIn
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance