Green End SupervisorVeneer Based Business – White Valley, BC
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, the Production Supervisor is accountable for safely achieving maximum production of quality plywood consistent with Company objectives and standards along with providing direction and leadership to a crew of production employees. The Production Supervisor is responsible for achieving maximum returns to Okanagan Veneer Based Business by ensuring that safety, recovery, quality and production targets are met.What We Are Looking For:
What We Offer:
- 5 years of experience in wood products manufacturing, coupled with a strong working knowledge of equipment
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills, be highly organized, have a proven commitment to safety, and demonstrate initiative with the ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of veneer/plywood manufacturing and log quality will be considered an asset
- Problem solving skills and the ability to drive actionable items to conclusion are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Analytical and computer skills will be considered an asset
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until September 30, 2022.To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or Tolko.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Operations and Logistics