Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success. Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Whistler Blackcomb is hiring a full-time, 10-month Content Specialist to assist with content creation, resort storytelling and social media management.
The primary responsibility of the Content Specialist is to capture timely, in-the-moment photo and video content assets from the resort experience during the season to leverage across Vail Resorts' various marketing channels and platforms. This position will assist in capturing and producing the creative and content elements needed to promote the resort from both a marketing and communications perspective. This includes strategic planning, content capture, production, posting, distribution and community management of channels including social media, website, PR distribution channels and more.
The Content Specialist will assist in helping promote and build the resort's brand and reputation. They will be involved in the content and creative aspects of making the resort's story come to life while ensuring the content follows the resort's clearly defined brand and communications guidelines.
The person in this role will have their hands in many different types of on-the-ground marketing and communications projects and be responsible for delivering results on-time in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial for this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in content creation, storytelling, social media, copywriting and some creative design. The position will assist in both personally creating content as well as helping facilitate photoshoots with contracted photographers/models and larger third-party brand shoots. They will also amalgamate content and creative from guest User-Generated Content to bring the brand to life and support with daily social community management and communications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Independently and expertly capture, shoot, edit and publish multimedia (images and video) content under tight deadlines.
- Assist with creation of multimedia content and creative asset development for social media, digital, video, website, blogs, CRM, offline advertising campaigns and other platforms.
- Utilize strong storytelling skills to bring the resort brand to life across a variety of platforms and mediums.
- Assist with social and digital media content ideation, creation, posting, community management of social media channels and reporting.
- Maintain a content production calendar, with an organized schedule of cadenced messaging needs.
- Assist with larger-scale resort brand photo and video shoots.
- Organize and lead smaller-scale resort photo and video shoots including contracted models and photographers/videographers.
- Work closely with the resort communications team to create messaging that is in line with the resort brand.
- Photo and video asset management and tracking.
- Assist with various PR-related storytelling content needs as required.
- Other miscellaneous communications and PR duties as assigned, including but not limited to: web content, creation of articles and listicles, social media channel content, content coverage of resort events/attractions/conditions, CRM content contribution, and working with various vendors, agencies and contractors in the resort's content creation network to amalgamate, edit and distribute various types of creative and content assets.
- Support cross-functional needs within resort Lines of Business (LOBs) and at an enterprise level, as needed/appropriate
- Basic administrative duties.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Marketing.
- Advanced/expert ability to capture high-quality content with an eye for visual design, with ability to work independently.
- Experience with the full Adobe creative suite of software products and a particular level of experience with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Lightroom, etc.
- Strong storytelling and copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Understanding and knowledge of social media platforms with ability to support community management and other ad-hoc PR/communications initiatives through owned channels.
- Experience with Sprout Social and other social media management programs is a plus.
- Advanced skiing or snowboarding ability.
- Ability to communicate with guests thoughtfully via social media in the resort's brand voice.
- Comfortable shooting, editing, and publishing video content including proficiency with GoPro cameras and phone apps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be a strong, collaborative team player who can work across different needs cross-functionally as required.
- Must be organized and thrive managing multiple projects at once.
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule to capture content at certain times (i.e. prior to resort openings, following major snowfall, during events, weekends, etc.)
- Must be familiar with leveraging and engaging with guests in a brand voice via social media platforms and channels.
- Must be comfortable engaging with guests and employees in-person to capture content in natural and authentic ways
- Must speak, read and communicate fluently in English.
The budgeted range starts at$26 - $28. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 490332