Do I need post-secondary training or a degree to work in human resources?
As with every industry these days, individuals with additional education will have the opportunity to advance further. Most human resources positions require a technical diploma, degree or equivalent. The Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations offers a nationally recognized designation for human resources professionals.
Where can I get additional training?
For information on degrees and programs that can help you prepare for a human resources career, check out:
• British Columbia Institute of Technology – Human Resource Management Post-Diploma
• Camosun College – Human Resource Management Advanced Diploma, Bachelor of Business Administration
• Kwantlen University College — Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management, Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Malaspina University-College — Business Administration Diploma, Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
• Nicola Valley Institute of Technology – Associate of Arts
• Thompson Rivers University – Bachelor of Business Administration
• University College of the Fraser Valley – Bachelor of Business Administration, Post-Baccalaureate Diplomas in Business
• University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Commerce
Search for more courses at EducationPlanner.bc.ca.
If you would like to prepare for a professional human resources designation, check with the Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations.
Related to Training and Preparation
- Careers in human resources
- Preparing your resume for a human resource career
- Sample human resource resume