Ryan St. Germaine certainly isn’t just a pretty face. He’s one of Canada’s fastest rising gurus in the white hot field of digital recruiting. He owns one of Canada’s most successful location-niche job boards, he’s on a team that just launched an easy and effective recruiting app for Facebook and he’s working on a grand project that lets recruiting become seamless across several platforms while staying leading edge. I love this guy and am very flattered he did this information-packed guest blog for me for my November guest blog series. – Brenda Burch Dumont
Not just a pretty face. Give your brand a little personality!
Social media is all about transparency. This can be a good thing! It’s a great opportunity for your company to share what it’s really like to work there, and show off the personality of your brand and your people. So how can you highlight the personality of your staff, and the environment of your company on sites like Facebook?
In a recent post, Brenda mentioned sharing job opportunities through Facebook fan pages and I couldn’t agree more! I collaborated on building the Syndicruit job app mentioned so it’s something that resonates with me. Making your jobs easily accessible on every platform is absolutely critical, be it on your website, a job board or social media sites.
The question is: How can we take the concept of recruitment using Facebook further?
Depending on your company, some great ways to show some personality are:
- Share photos from events or from around the office
- Post videos of your staff (from real people working with you!)
- Encourage discussions on your fan page
- Ask questions and get involved in the conversation
- Add the Twitter feeds of all your staff
- Add open house events to your page and invite potential candidates
- Add your company blog or better still, blogs from your staff
- Add your corporate culture and company mission statement
By sharing, you attract applicants who believe in your corporate culture and have a personality that fits your environment. Imagine always hiring people who share your corporate values and are passionate about what you do! That’s the real power of incorporating tools like Facebook into your overall recruitment strategy.
No matter where you post your jobs, include a link to a well-built Facebook fan page and you’ll create a window into the world of your company for applicants to see. Show potential candidates that your company values and mission statement are more than just words crafted by the marketing department, they’re beliefs embodied by the whole team, at all levels.
Related to Not Just a Pretty Face:
- The Good, the Bad and the (not so) Ugly Truth about Social Media in the Workplace
- Using your Facebook Fan Page to Recruit
- Company culture as a recruiting technique