Job search database tips can help you improve your chances of finding the right job. When you use a job search database, you can view a wide range of opportunities at once. To keep from missing opportunities or becoming overwhelmed with results, you can follow a few simple tips.
Job search database tips
• Spell carefully. Typos and misspellings will bring up few, if any, results.
• Broaden your search. Your dream job may be “rocket scientist” but you may have to broaden your search to “astrophysics”, “aeronautics”, “astronautics” or “engineering” to capture all relevant postings.
• Don’t be too specific about location. Avoid searching for “Vancouver” or “San Jose”, if you’re willing to work anywhere in the region. Otherwise, you may miss listings for suburban locations, such as Coquitlam or Palo Alto.
• Seek out jobs related to your qualifications. You’re more likely to be called for an interview if you meet the job requirements.
• Create and submit online resumes. Instead of just looking for jobs, help employers find you.
Once you master the tricks above, you’ll be in a much better position to find and target online jobs.
Related to job search database tips