Intermediate Structural Drafting Technician Harvey 2558
We are a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA.
We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Structural Drafting Technician on a full-time basis to work alongside the engineering and design team in preparing structural drawings.
Under the direction of the Drafting Manager, the ideal candidate will be thorough in ensuring they can deliver quality, accurate work in a timely manner while showing a strong understanding of buildable design solutions.
• Prepare drawings relating to structural engineering of buildings
• Assist Engineers with the layout of structures
• Review plans and specifications
• Coordinate drawings with other consultants
• Plot and issue drawings as required by the project team
• Determine special detailing or drafting requirements for a particular project
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Competent with AutoCAD (2020) and or Revit Structure
• Ability to read and interpret structural, architectural, and shop drawing sets
• High level of spatial intelligence
• Familiar with structural materials, hardware, and processes
• Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
• Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and administrative software
• Strong organizational and self-directed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Strong capacity to assess information and to draw sound conclusions that show
judgement, intelligence, and common sense
• Thoroughness in completing tasks with attention to accuracy
• Ability to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and
REQUIRED TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Drafting Technician Certification or equivalent (in Canada)
• Minimum 5 years Canadian experience in a structural drafting position
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open and based on current experience.
A comprehensive benefits plan is available, after three months of employment.
We offer a great team environment, and enjoy many company activities and social events, throughout the year.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.Read More