A local leading producer of high quality wall panels and other prefabricated building components serving local and regional/export markets is seeking an experienced Wall Panel Designer to join our in house design team.
Local construction trends are driving the increasing demand for high quality wall panels to meet production and project schedules. With a strong track record in design, engineering and manufacturing, plus a reputation for quality, service and on time delivery, we have become the preferred supplier for builders active within BC and beyond.
Working as part of a team of fully trained and experienced designers, engineers, sales and production staff your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Translating sales order data, blueprints and drawings, for multi-family residential projects (and some commercial projects), into accurate production-ready CAD drawings (MiTek) and data files for semi-automated production.
- Reviewing and making improvements to wall panel designs that meet customer needs while maintaining design requirements and meeting required structural standards.
- Liaison with other departments in Sales, Engineering, Production, Administration and Purchasing to provide accurate technical information and ensure production timelines are achieved.
- Coordinate drafting department job scheduling to align with production requirements.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of all material lists, subcomponent lists, and other production related paperwork required for the Production Department.
- Review and confirm existing designs and layouts for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate, both written and verbal, to collaboratively resolve any design concerns as they arise with Customers, Building Officials, Sales staff, Contractors, Architects and Structural Engineers as required.
- Document and maintain all job specifications and RFIs (Request For Info) for future reference.
To fully qualify for and be successful in this newly created position you must have:
- 2-3 years of experience designing prefabricated wall panels.
- Strong CAD skills and experience designing with the advanced structural design software MiTek Sapphire.
- 2 years Technician education from a post-secondary technical college (or equivalent industry training).
- Must be able to accurately read and interpret Architectural and Structural blue prints.
- Must have strong math skills and a demonstrated capability for handling, organizing and interpreting construction related technical/design information such as building codes.
- Some direct experience working with North American building code requirements - in either a design or production capacity.
- Must have a good working knowledge of prefab framing and framing techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills; ability to promote positive work relationships with coworkers, customers, suppliers, contractors, sales staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Professional attitude with a strong desire to develop your skills, knowledge and capabilities to their full potential in a professional team-based environment.
- Reliable self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize your efforts as required.
- Proficiency using standard Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word , etc.).
A very competitive compensation package including a solid benefits program is offered for this key technical position.
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career with a company that is well established, with a reputation for excellence, then this career position may be exactly what you are looking for.
Please apply with a current resume outlining your capabilities, qualifications and interests including correct contact information for interview scheduling. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Interviews by phone, online and live (in a spacious area to maintain safety), are ongoing until the position is filled. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence.
Out of Province Applications:
Applicants applying from outside the province of BC are strongly encouraged to apply. Relocation Assistance may be available based on individual applicant circumstances. To be considered you MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
Manufacturing and Production