For something a little different this week we’ve put together a list of free Webinars being offered during March:
Hiding in Plain Sight: Finding Talent in the Blogosphere
Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 11:00 am PST
Every 24 hours, 80,000 new blogs are created. The blogosphere is an enduring and very social network of individuals and content that can be mined to find top talent in almost any profession.
Carmen Hudson of Recruiting Toolbox will discuss how to include blogs into your passive candidate sourcing strategy.
In this session she will:
- Discuss the motivations and psychology of bloggers
- Explore blog networks and popular blog platforms
- Demonstrate effective blog search tactics
- Share passive sourcing productivity tips
Radical Location based Recruiting
Friday, March 25, 2011 from 10:00 PM – 11:00 AM PST
Foursquare, Gowalla, Facebook Places, each day a new location based service pops up allowing for a real opportunity for Guerrilla Recruiting. Today we learn from the Master of Location based Recruitment Craig Fisher (@fishdogs) of Texas.
Register for this Free Webinar
How Reebok Improves Hiring Efficiency and Quality-of-Hire
Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 11:00 am PST
Reebok is using a web-based system to check candidates’ references, aligning its reference processes with its overall strategic hiring plan. Reference-checking is now a pivotal data-point for the HR team, contributing to the initial recruiting phase and then carrying all the way through to that first performance review with a new-hire.
How? Join Tara Gallone, Talent Acquisition Leader at Reebok, to learn how her best-practices for reference-checking are positively impacting the company’s commitment to hiring excellence.
She will share how her HR team is:
- Receiving feedback from 4 references per candidate.
- Increasing the quality of behavioral information about a candidate.
- Reducing the time recruiters are spending on reference-checks.
- Integrating candid reference feedback into the talent-acquisition process.
- Building a structure for checking references, without one being there prior.
Should Your Organization Pay for Performance?
Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:00 AM PST
Paying for performance seems like a simple idea, but for HR leaders who want to adopt this model, the process is far more complex. If poorly executed, a pay-for-performance program can de-motivate employees and waste time and money on an ineffective plan.
Find out the reasons to adopt a pay-for-performance plan and the steps needed to create one that will encourage your talent to excel.
HR and business leaders must devote considerable time to analyze and decide if a pay-for-performance plan is right for a particular organization. In this hour-long session, HR expert Stacey Caroll, MBA, SPHR explains all the ins and outs of preparing to implement this model in your company. You’ll learn to:
- Define pay for performance, and understand how it can build upon standard yearly raises linked to performance reviews.
- Evaluate the potential positive and negative consequences of adopting a pay-for-performance plan.
- Identify whether or not a pay-for-performance model is right for your organization.
Related to Free Webinars: