You’ve advertised that you are recruiting for a particular position, and now have a significant number of resumes to sort through. The key now is to extract the vital details from these resumes so that you may compile a list of the best available candidates. Here are the critical elements that you should look for.
Key skills & achievements
• How would their skills benefit you?
• Have they showed that they can set goals and achieve them?
• How involved have they been in other studies?
• Do their key skills correlate with the job?
• What makes them unique?
Qualifications & education
• Do they have the educational background needed to complete the job?
• Have they done other courses to develop their skills?
• Have they exemplified a professional standard in their studies?
• How long have they been with each employer?
• Have they worked for a variety of different employers? Consider size and structure/systems, team size, location and nature of the business
• What was their position, and who did they report to?
• What clients have they worked for?
• Have they put forward any initiatives?
• Did they receive any promotions?
• What were their responsibilities?
• What successes have they achieved?
• Have they been unemployed for a long duration?
• Have they traveled or gained relevant non-work related experience?
• Have they worked from the bottom up? Do they have any grounding or skills that would help them in the position?