Steel Fabrication Estimator: Harvey 2577
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Steel Fabrication Estimator is responsible for the preparation and documentation of cost estimates and proposals for projects. Computes labour costs, estimates costs related to raw materials, equipment rentals and subcontracted work.
- Interprets scope of work, project drawings and specifications, analyzes drawings, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Responsible for accurate take-off of quantities from project drawings and specifications
- Responsible for the preparations and documentation of project proposal
- Analyze sub-trade quotations, liaise with subcontractors for clarification of issues.
- Estimate Preparation - labour hours, material costs, bid form requirements, tool & equipment lists’ scheduling, and compile bid packages for subcontractors.
- Costs out potential scope of work changes and bid to construction reviews.
- Costs out potential additional costs claim situations.
- Bid closings i.e., review of documents, compile proposal information, participate in closing meetings.
- Customer follow-up of proposals.
- Address any addenda, change orders etc.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her manager.
- Participate in turnover meetings with Project Management on successful bids.
- Site visits may be required on more complex tenders.
- Maintains bidding process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems/procedures.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of steel fabrication estimating experience.
- Strong estimating background on mechanical aspects of large capital projects
- Exceptional organizational Skills
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Common sense, concentration, imagination, ability to read and understand drawings, self-assurance, responsible attitude and leadership qualities.
- Good knowledge of sub trades
- Good familiarity with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, FabTrol.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment including Mainland personnel, vendors, consultants, and clients.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open, depending on working experience.
Benefits package available after 3 months.
Please send your resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
as a Word Document Attachment
Manufacturing and Production