Glazing Project Manager; Harvey 2016
We are currently looking for an experienced Glazing Project Manager. Our company offers a complete portfolio of architectural glazing products. With our specialized team of engineers, draftspersons, project managers, and manufacturers, we have years of experience in supplying standardized glazing systems, to all sorts of landmark construction projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of related working experience in the Glazing industry with current Project Management experience in the building construction industry.
- Advanced Project Management and some estimating controll skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with business owners, decision makers, engineers, product managers, project managers, engineers, and vendors
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand architectural drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (word/excel/email), and downloading files (ie. bid central, Dropbox, FTP, etc.)
- Field construction experience is highly desirable, but not required
- Good English written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian codes and standards.
- Analyze architectural drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates bonding, insurance, ect....
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing
- Prepare detailed Project Management of projects and control accurate material, labour, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. for estimates
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Obtaining equal requests for materials, scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site, pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and insure compliance with all specifications and contract State of Work and Bid Invitations
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and input project schedules, perform quantity take-offs, prepare cost summary
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open, depending on experience.
Benefits package available.
Manufacturing and Production