You are an experienced Sideboom (Pipelayer) Operator looking to work on our pipeline projects in Valemount and Kitimat, BC. You will be responsible for operating a Sideboom (Pipelayer) in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities:
- Effectively and safely operates sideboom (Pipelayer) utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating sideboom (Pipelayer) and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar experience
- Previous experience working on pipe diameters larger than NPS 30 will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working on Steep Slopes in Mountainous terrain will be highly regarded
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training) and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Additional Information: Company Description
- Camp based accommodation provided
- Rotational non-traditional pipeline shifts
- Above industry standard wages
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Aug 25, 2021
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada
Operations and Logistics