You are a Loader Operator with heavy civil experience seeking a competitive wage, benefits, and a company who prides themselves on safety. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on a high-profile infrastructure project in Kitimat. Successful candidates will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team today!Essential Responsibilities:
- Multi skilled in all the following - Loader (preferably with experience working in piling)
- Effectively and safely operates equipment, utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating loader on a heavy civil projects
- Prior piling construction project experience is highly regarded
- CSTS, WHMIS and Bear Awareness (training maybe provided)
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Additional Information: Company Description
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 6 days on/1days off working 10 hours per day
- LOA and travel provided for non-local candidates
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Sep 11, 2021
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada
Operations and Logistics