We have several openings for experienced Steep Slope Sideboom Pipelayer Steep Slope Operators for our pipeline projects in Valemount and Kitimat, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating a Sideboom Pipelayer in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.Employer: Ledcor GroupBusiness Address: Suite 1200-1067 Cordova Street W, Vancouver, BC V6C 1C7Title/NOC: Sideboom Pipelayer Steep Slope Operator (NOC 7521)Term: 2 yearsNumber of Positions: 50Language of Work: EnglishWage Range: $45.78/hourBenefits Package: Benefits provided by CLACLocation of work: Valemount and Kitimat, BC (various remote locations)Contact: [email protected] Essential Responsibilities:
- Effectively and safely operates Sideboom Pipelayer utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
Additional Information: Company Description
- Completion of a one- to two-year apprenticeship program or some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training.
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating Sideboom Pipelayer and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on slopes greater than 21 degrees.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on slopes requiring winch assistance.
- Previous experience working on project with pipe diameters of NPS 36 and greater conducting multiple Sideboom Pipelayer tandem lifts required
- Previous experience working on Steep Slopes in Mountainous terrain required.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid First Aid, PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training) and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Sep 10, 2021
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada
Operations and Logistics