Intermediate Mechanical Field Services Representative / Inspector: Harvey 2420
- We are currently looking to hire a Mechanical Field Services Representative with 5 years plus of current working experience, in performing inspections on various mechanical and plumbing installations, for our company located in Vancouver.
- For more than two decades our company have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
- Maintains respectful, effective, and efficient relationships, with internal stakeholders, and at job site meetings with Developers, Clients, Architects, General Contractors, Sub Trades, and Suppliers.
- Ensures the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in specifications and construction drawings.
- Attends site meetings and provides feedback and reports to the appropriate key players involved.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend biweekly site meetings
- Travel to site and perform inspections on various mechanical and plumbing installations
- Serve as main point of contact for the builder for any project-related questions/requests
- Understand project specifications and objectives
- Proactively identify potential issues
- Report on milestone dates and deliverables
- Respond to field issues and questions with engineering and other resources as required
- Investigate claims promptly and resolve them fairly
- Proactive approach to change orders
- Liaise with Architect, Client, Contractor, Owner, Specialty Consultants, Project Manager, Job Captain and Project Engineer
- Complete time critical reports including Request for Information, Contemplated Revisions, Change Orders, Field Review, Pricing Review, Progress Claim Review
- Issue and sign off on Site Deficiency Reports, verify and accept As Built Drawings and Operational and Maintenance Manuals and ensure all required information has been received prior to issuance of Closing Letters
- Provide customer service levels that meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Actively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Overtime as required
Education and Experience:
- Educational or trade background in mechanical design (mechanical HVAC systems, plumbing).
- Design background in building technology is a definite asset
- Experience in building inspection
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of HVAC, Plumbing/Fire Protection, construction methods and the applicable code requirements
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team and client-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of current construction practices, including working drawing production and construction inspections, as well as specifications, contracts and consultant agreements.
- Experience and knowledge of building systems HVAC, Plumbing, Air Handling, Water, Mechanical & Fire Systems is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Email applications
- AutoCAD experience is an asset
- Must have vehicle and valid driver’s license for the province of British Columbia
- In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies
Attention to Detail:
- Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner to demonstrate concern for thoroughness and accuracy
- Providing service excellence and added value to internal and/or external clients
- Identifying complex problems and the solutions to them
- Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and remains confident when challenged
- Working collaboratively and proactively with others to achieve organizational goals
- Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise to enhance organizational performance
- Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way
- Listening and adapting to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Bonus based on performance
Construction, Mining and Trades