Senior Construction Manager / Mechanical Division: Harvey 2555
We are currently hiring for a Senior Construction Manager, for our Mechanical Division!
If you have 10 years plus of mechanical contracting experience, and if you have experience in all facets of Construction Management, I would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Senior Construction Manager.
- Must possess the drive and determination to help expand our Mechanical Construction Division.
- The Senior Construction Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, and the financial well-being of projects.
- Responsible for overseeing our estimating and project management teams this senior manager serves in a hands-on role in every aspect of construction management, including creating and managing budgets and working directly with the VP of Operations to ensure projects meet expectations.
- We are a leader provider of Mechanical Services and Contracting.
- Our professional teams work throughout the Lower Mainland providing heating, air conditioning, ventilation, mechanical systems service, maintenance, and new construction.
- Our company has built a successful and reputable brand through reliable service, quality workmanship, and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Our Construction Division specializes in industrial, commercial, and institutional new construction projects valued between $2-10 million.
- We have projects all over the Lower Mainland and we pride ourselves in innovation and collaboration.
- We strive for excellence, and we welcome a committed leader to uphold our standards.
- The Mechanical Construction Manager oversees all ICI mechanical projects from conception to completion.
- The overarching responsibilities are to provide leadership, direct employees, oversee bids and estimating, and manage costs while ensuring profitability.
Estimating and Project Management:
- Perform pre-tender site walkthroughs; review bid docs, plans, specifications, and drawings to ensure accurate take-offs and pricing.
- Deliver on promises and execute projects in a cost-effective and timely manner, without compromising quality.
- Manage schedules, material, labour, and expectations.
- Conduct progress and performance evaluations through the cycle of the project, report weekly to Senior Management team.
- Manage daily operations of the Construction Division, including field staff, estimators, and project managers.
- Actively recruit top talent from the industry; look for self-starters and promote accordingly.
- Follow policies for new hires, manage turnover, and ensure labour forecasting is managed to avoid layoffs.
- Nurture relationships with staff, resolve disputes promptly; employee retention is critical at our company
- Commit to 20% growth in revenue year over year.
Budget and Cost Control:
- Perform job cost analyses, and report on issues well in advance.
- Work with the Controller on monitoring and reporting on project costs to establish percentage of completion.
- Complete projection reports, report to Senior Management team
- Manage profitability of all projects, as well as the department at large
- Prepare, track, and control all project schedules with your PM/Superintendent team.
- Use Gantt style or other similar and effective planning tools.
- Communicate pivotal dates and deadlines to Construction team, Senior Management team, and Clients.
- Eliminate downtime with field staff by avoiding poor planning and underutilization of resources.
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to the company Occupation Health and Safety Policies
- Reduce lost time incidents.
- Ensure all new and existing staff receive proper OH&S training.
- Maintain knowledge of knowledge of provincial OH&S guidelines for the Construction industry
Quality, Performance, & Completion:
- Review and monitor project documentation including change orders, site instructions, engineer/General Contractor (GC) field review reports, deficiency lists, purchase orders, etc.
- Perform site visits when required including attending project site meetings, consultant walkthrough, permit inspections, etc.
- Work on project closeout activities including monitoring deficiency lists, Operations and Maintenance (OM) Manuals, substantial completion walkthroughs, field project warranty requests, etc.
- Perform quarterly/annual reviews, create training and development plans and oversee all disciplinary actions.
- Evaluate work performed, address variances in quality and seek feedback from clients.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years mechanical contracting experience
- Experienced in all facets of Construction Management, including but not limited to estimating, contracts, scheduling, job costing, financing reporting, and business development.
- Post secondary degree in construction management, engineering, business, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Expert in full cycle Industrial Construction projects from conception to completion
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related field is an asset, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in MS Projects and Procore
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions using sound judgement.
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC BC Legislation
- Experience managing $15M-$25M/year.
- Must be growth minded and able to thrive in a leadership role.
- Canadian Residency or Valid Canadian Work Permit (required)
- Red Seal in plumbing or another related trade (preferred)
This is a permanent, full-time position, reporting directing to the VP of Operations.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Incentive and bonus plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 5% RRSP matching available after 1 year of employment.
- Paid training to support continuous growth and to encourage promotion and advancement within the company.
- Company insurance for personal tools
- Work anniversary gift & birthday gift
- Pancake and food truck breakfasts, BBQ lunches
- Company sponsored team building events including weekend fishing trips, baseball games, golf tournaments, go karting, paintball, mani-pedis, and an annual Christmas party.
- Dog friendly office – yes you can bring Fido!
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off.
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bonus pay available on performance.
- Overtime pay available.
Construction, Mining and Trades