our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for casual, on call HandyDART
drivers. Positions are for Casual/On-call, with opportunities for Part-time & Full-time
Class 4 Unrestricted Learners License is required to be hired for this position
Are you empathetic, with strong customer service skills and have the drive to help people to make a difference in their lives?
Then we are looking for you!What makes you an Ideal candidate for this position?
- A clean driving record with a class 4 Unrestricted Learners license
- Previous experience with the vulnerable sector is preferred
- Ability to navigate through the service area using maps or on-board directional equipment
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Safety first attitude
- Ability to work independently and objectively
- Quick decision-making skills with the ability to remain calm and create a sense of balance between providing service as well as dealing with pressurized situations.
- Defensive driving techniques
What we Offer:
- Transit environment: Shift work may be required
- Transporting passengers door-to-door in a cutaway style bus
- Proper securement of passengers and mobility devices
- Able to push clients in wheelchairs on ramps
- Dealing with the vulnerable sector
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedules
- Opportunities for full-time and career development
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Maintenance and Technicians