OPEN HOUSE/JOB FAIR Tuesday September 27 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
5271 Boal Road, Duncan Paid training Class 2 Commercial Driving License Preferred Class 5 Drivers License may be accepted, Must have a minimum of three years clean driving record First Transit operates in over 242 locations, carrying more than 300 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and 4 Canadian provinces.
We currently have openings for casual, on call Handydart Bus Drivers in Cowichan Valley, B.C RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Must enjoy interacting with the public
- Adhere to all First Transit policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor
- Previous Transit or handyDART experience not required, we will train
- Hold a valid B.C Class 4 Unrestricted Driver's Licence
- Have a clean, "No Contraventions" Driver's Abstract
- Be able to pass vulnerable sector records check
- Be able to pass drug and alcohol testing
- Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required
- Transporting passengers in a cutaway style bus.
- Able to push clients in wheelchairs up ramps.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know
Maintenance and Technicians