First Transit has openings in our Call Centre for Dispatchers!
Are you empathetic, have the ability to multitask with strong attention to detail andcustomer service skills?Then we are looking for you!What you'll do?
• Communicate with drivers, passengers and staff via radio or other required
communications device in the English language
• Assign trips to appropriate routes and arrange for alternate transportation as required.
• Track and record daily driver/route activities including daily trip edit.
• Respond to customer, passenger or vehicle incidents
• Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or vehicle malfunctions,
communicating with operations, safety and maintenance staff where appropriate
• Communicate with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues.
• Process live same day trip changes as required.
• Complete daily dispatch paperwork to include dispatch logs; mileage reports; road call
reports and other required reporting as needed.
• Troubleshoot problems with drivers, reservations information and trip assignments.
• Other related duties as requiredWhat makes you an Ideal candidate for this position?
• One-year recent experience with dispatch, booking and/or customer service is preferred
• Data entry experience and general knowledge of Windows-based computer applications
• Knowledge of service area preferred
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments
• Ability to work independently, plan ahead and schedule work
• Ability to deal politely with the public and employees
• Ability to anticipate problems and delegate tasks
• Ability to make decisions under pressureWorking Conditions:
• Office environment
• Dealing with the vulnerable sector
• Maybe required to work a variety of shifts between 5.00 AM to midnight; Weekdays &
WeekendsWhat we offer:
• Competitive wages
• Flexible schedules
• Opportunities for full-time, training in various departments and career development
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics