WSP is currently seeking an Experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Buildings team, located at our Vancouver office.
WSP's electrical engineering team in Vancouver engages in various projects in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational, light industrial and transportation sectors across BC. Reporting to an Electrical Team Lead, this position will be responsible for electrical design, leading documentation preparation, construction reviews, administration, client communication and project management.A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- You'll be using your expertise to design electrical systems for a wide variety of building types and locations throughout BC and the Yukon (having your PSPC Reliability clearance would be a huge asset!).
- You'll be managing project assignments within the electrical buildings field, including power distribution, infrastructure, lighting, life safety, communications, data and security systems, from the opportunity and proposal stages through design and construction.
- You will be participating with a design team of electrical engineers and technicians, focused on technical solutions, developing electrical designs, taking responsibility for the preparation of project drawings and specifications and reviewing fieldwork.
- You'll be communicating with the client, other design team partners, authorities and contractors.
- You will be working on the design of power distribution (normal and backup power), infrastructure, lighting, fire alarm, data and security systems for buildings in the health care and institutional/commercial sectors.
- You'll be ensuring the electrical design complies with the BC Building Code, the Canadian Electrical Code, and other codes as required.
- You'll understand and practice safe work procedures.
- You'll understand and adhere to project budgets and timelines while maintaining accurate and prompt project tracking, management and billing.
- You'll review and assess existing systems and prepare condition reports and feasibility studies.
- You'll prepare load calculations utilizing industry-standard load and lighting analysis software.
- You'll select systems and equipment and prepare project specifications.
- You'll coordinate the preparation of project drawings utilizing industry-standard CAD and BIM software.
- You'll participate in the preparation of fee proposals and business development activities where requested.
- You'll provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff members.
- Professional Engineer registration with EGBC.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering consulting for buildings and infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- A "can do" attitude, courteous communication, an organized approach to work tasks and responsibilities, attention to detail, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver design submissions, often with demanding timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Proficiency with AGI or ETAP is considered an asset.
- Ability to deliver comprehensive design submissions, often with demanding timelines.
- Experience in creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications.
- Experience with site reviews of building electrical systems.
- An extensive understanding of building construction and building electrical systems and infrastructure.
- A detailed working knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, BC Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada.
Expected Salary (all locations): $84,200 - $143,100
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.