Working collaboratively, several of our groups are partnering to deliver some of the most historic, cutting-edge Buildings projects. We are currently seeking an Electrical Contract Administrator to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical Engineering division, in our Vancouver, BC office.
You will be responsible for the Contract Administration related to Health Care, Educational, Institutional and Commercial construction projects. You will work together with clients, municipalities and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted to learn the skills necessary towards management and leadership in the Building Division. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside Project Manager(s)
- Oversee and manage the electrical contract administration process on all types and sizes of projects;
- Liaise with project stakeholders (building owners, contractors, architects, engineers, facility management) on an ongoing basis;
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues, project quality;
- Work with project team to resolve design and constructability issues;
- Review pre-tender design documents with Project Managers to identify potential risk and develop potential solutions;
- Perform periodic site reviews to review/assess project progress, general compliance with contract documents, quality assurance and identify deficiencies;
- Preparation of monthly payment certificates and progress reports;
- Management, tracking and preparations of Contemplated Change Notice, Change Orders, Site Instructions, Cash Allowance Draws.
- Respond to Contractor's RFI's in a timely manner;
- Evaluate and recommend change request and quotations;
- Preparation of Engineering Certifications;
- Complete tasks in line with WSP's safety policies/procedures and legislative requirements;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- CCCA, CET or C.Tech designation with Contract Administration and Site Review experience on large projects, specifically in buildings-related electrical systems;
- Work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct oversight;
- Have strong understanding of the British Columbia Building Code (including background with Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing), Health Care Standards and building controls, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Effectively communicate project issues to project managers and team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Possess a strong interpersonal style and approach that earns customer trust and builds creditability while getting strong performance of subcontractors and others involved in the fulfillment of a project.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and constructability review of contract documents (drawings and specifications).
- Computer skills including word, excel, PDF markup and windows applications; Knowledge of REVIT & CAD will be an asset.
Expected Salary (all locations): $72,600 - $123,400
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive