Light Guage Sheet Metal Fabricator: Harvey 2383
We are a small manufacturing & machine shop, who is currently looking for a highly motivated, light gauge sheet metal fabricator, with current fabrication working experience.
- Experience using a press brake and shear would be an asset.
- Welding experience would be an asset
- Must be willing, to do other tasks, if required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of manufacturing working experience in an industrial setting
- Must be able to develop a part that is required, as per their specifications, and drawings, from layout development to cutting, forming, to bending radius, to tack weld and grinding, towards the finishing of parts.
- Must be able to read measuring tools, and calipers.
Area of Specialization:
- Custom fabrication, factory assembly, and tack welding for final welding
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG) & flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Materials: stainless steel, steel, iron, & heavy metals
- Weight Handling: up to 45kg (100 lbs.)
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping straightening & bending machines.
- Operate hoisting & lifting equipment
- Additional skills: polish, de-burring sheet metal, bars, etc.
- Work conditions & physical capabilities: fast-paced environment, attention to detail, standing for extended periods
- Essential skills: problem solving, job task planning & organizing, significant use of memory
- Versatility for assembling and miscellaneous tasks is part of the job.
Willingness to work early morning shift 6 am – 2:30 pm, or afternoon shift 10:30 am – 7 pm.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience.
Full medical and extended health benefits after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production