26608 Position Type:
Prince George, BC Location:
J.D. Little Forest Centre
You are a friendly and flexible team player, always looking on the bright side. You understand instructions, ask good questions, and relay information with ease. You are eager to help, dependable, and work well with others.
The J.D. Little Forest Centre produces seedlings to support Canfor's extensive reforestation program throughout British Columbia and Alberta. As a Seasonal Nursery Worker, you will provide essential support to the J.D. Little Forest Centre. In this role, you will "grow" your horticultural knowledge while you assist in the harvesting of tree seedlings from our greenhouses. Always one to focus on the good, you can be relied upon to always bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude to your work.
This is a full-time temporary role (about 7-10 weeks) and starts in March 2024 with an anticipated end date of June 9th, 2024. You enjoy working in a team environment and operate safely and efficiently. You are naturally productive and someone who is willing to actively engage in hands-on work without hesitation! The life of the Seasonal Nursery Worker includes:
For this role, you come equipped with:
- Load tree blocks and boxes (up to 50lbs) onto wagons or conveyors
- Assess seeding quality on a moving conveyor belt
- Perform accurate seedling counts on a moving conveyor belt
- Skillfully bundle seedlings and apply wraps
- Package seedlings neatly into designated boxes
- Palletize boxes for efficient storage
- Dispose of waste materials from wheelbarrows
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Physical capability to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs
- Demonstrated commitment to adhering to safety standards and protocols
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers
If you are a dedicated team player with an enthusiastic attitude, click that "apply" button today! We're "rooting" for you! #CADH
The hourly rate for this position is: $16.75 Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location.
#CADH #LI-QC1 Job Segment: