Position Title Contract Faculty - Nursing Posting Number 00537F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 09/01/2023 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Classroom teaching will occur on the Coquitlam Campus and nursing practice courses (clinical) can occur at any agency within the Lower Mainland.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Faculty will provide relief teaching in either medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity, community, or mental health nursing.Responsibilities
You will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses.
You will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners and maintain quality learner-centered instruction.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Current practicing licensure with BCCNM
• Master's degree in Nursing or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of practice in one or more practice area
• Recent teaching experience demonstrating a student-centered approach
• Effective interpersonal skills, initiative and creativity
• Self-directedness, strong work ethic, and excellent writing ability
• Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively to team activities
• Evidence of scholarship (e.g. research, publishing, conference presentations, professional committee involvement, community service) is an asset
• Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g. attendance at conferences, course work, in-services) is an asset
• Satisfactory current teaching or practice references
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/29/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
This position will remain as open until filled.
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter is submitted online. Please ensure your documents clearly explain how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10972
Education and Training