Position Title Contract Faculty - Health Information Management Posting Number 00561F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range Hourly: $50.88-$111.31/hour; Per Three Credit Course: $7,716; Actual salary or hourly rate will be based on the number of credits and term of appointment according to the Collective Agreement. Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 01/01/2024 End Date 04/24/2024 Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
The Health Information Management program at Douglas College invites applicants to apply for a contract position in the Health Information Management Program.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching and learning strategies that align with the departmental and college-wide vision, mission, and goals. The faculty member will provide instruction to students in both in the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Health Information Management ( PBD - HIM ) and the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management (BScHIM) programs.Responsibilities
•Ensure equity, diversity and inclusion, and learning support services provided at Douglas College are factored into teaching and learning strategies in a meaningful way. •Teach and supervise undergraduate students. •Prepare and deliver education to students using a variety of educational method e.g. lectures facilitating seminars, case studies, discussion groups, and independent and group project work. •Development of curriculum and preparation of teaching materials. •Preparation and administration of course assessment including but not limited to grading of examinations, assignments, and reports. •Within scope of expertise, advise students on matters pertaining to their academics and career decisions. •Apply teaching and learning strategies using available technology including but not limited to learning management systems (Blackboard Ultra). •Competency in using teaching resources and databases including but not limited to SPSS , PowerBI, electronic health information systems, etc. •Promote evidence-based best practices in experiential learning. •Assist in collecting data to evaluate teaching and learning strategies.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
To be successful in this role, you require:
1. A Bachelor Degree in health administration, health data analytics, population health, data/information governance, or another related field.
2. Master's Degree preferred in health data analytics, population health, data/information governance, or another related field.
3. Recent knowledge and experience with health data and information requirements and applications inherent in health management.
4. Recent experience (within six months) of health information management, health administration, health informatics, health information technology, health data analytics, population health, and data/information governance.
5. Ability to accept responsibility, exercise initiative and manage people effectively.
6. Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
7. Knowledge of quality improvement, leadership and decision-making processes.
8. Skilled in using computer software applications, such as MS Office, and proven keyboarding skills at an intermediate to advanced level. Experience working with Banner is an asset.
9. Sound judgment and professionalism and a demonstrated ability to act tactfully, diplomatically, and with discretion in all contexts, internally and externally.
10. Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
11. Ability to address equity, diversity and inclusion in teaching and learning strategies in a meaningful way.
12. Demonstrated experience and excellent ability to teach at the post-secondary level.
13. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
14. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment.
15. Demonstrate ability to learn software to support teaching and learning.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 10/25/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11492
Education and Training