Position Title Program Coordinator Health Information Management Posting Number 00533F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Coordinator Posting Type Internal Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 09/01/2023 End Date 08/31/2026 Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Position is located at Coquitlam Campus. The successful candidate is responsible for an on campus presence, but position is flexible and includes remote work as well as off campus work interacting with stakeholders.
This position has a 7 section time release and takes effect September 1, 2023 for an initial one year term with the possibility of an extension(s) up to a maximum of three years.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The faculty member in this position is responsible for providing the overarching leadership for the Health Information Management programs. The faculty member in this position has:
• the responsibility to seek and implement collegial decisions
• the authority to act on emergency issues requiring a decision, pending collegial resolution of the issue
• the responsibility to implement collegial decisionsResponsibilitiesSpecific Responsibilities:
• Assess, develop, and implement a program strategic plan in consultation with Department faculty
• Provides leadership for all approval and accreditation processes related to the HIM programs
• Plans and Chairs/delegates chair of Departmental meetings
• Assess annual instructional requirements and prepares the annual Department Educational Plan
• Reviews program curriculum, including student admission standards, on a regular basis
• Schedules program courses, including allocation of instructional space in collaboration with program faculty and Operational Specialist
• Participates in Information Night as required
• Manages all program evaluation responsibilities, including course evaluations and annual program reports. Delegates as needed
• Ensures faculty staffing is in alignment with program requirements
• Along with Year Coordinators, monitors student progress and provides advice to at-risk students
• Develops program-specific procedures as required
• Orientates new faculty to the program in conjunction with Year Coordinators
• Assess and prepares requests for operational capital and education technology on an annual basis
• Manages, in collaboration with Year Coordinators, student issues as appropriate at the Program level, referring to Dean or Associate Dean as required.
• Acts as the primary liaison for Year Coordinators and faculty with the Dean/Associate Dean.
• Ensures program attendance at Program Information sessions and participates as required
• Reviews and recommends faculty leaves as required
• Coordinates the collection and recommendation of annual PD/vacation plans for approval by the Dean/Associate Dean
• Reviews annual PD reports prior to submission to HS Dean /Associate Dean
• In conjunction with the Responsible Administrator, assists in the faculty evaluation process (procuring peer evaluators etc.)
• Review final exam requests and assists as required.
• Ensures program graduates meet program outcomes for graduation and coordination as required processes for CHIM exam writing OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS :
• Attends monthly Department Meetings (Chair process TBD )
• Facilitates process for regular Coordinator meetings
• Adheres to agreed-upon principles of the Department of HIM Coordination position requirements.
• Monitor processes related to student orientation, protocols, and policies delegated to Year Coordinators
• Monitor student evaluation processes and aid Year Coordinators as needed.
• Mentor Year Coordinators and assist as needed.
• Network and identify practicum placement opportunities
• Provide external liaison functions within Douglas College and external stakeholders, delegating to Year Coordinators when appropriate
• Mentor and support faculty related to the Program Evaluation process.
• Participates in the development of departmental meeting schedules including times and locations.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Master's Degree required; Doctorate /PhD preferred.
• Current HIM with CHIM certification.
• A minimum of 2 to 3 years of recent post-secondary (or equivalent) teaching experience in health information management, including classroom and professional practice areas.
• A minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in the health sector with a preference for experience in health information management, health informatics, data and information governance.
• A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
• Demonstrated understanding of strategy development
• Demonstrated knowledge/ability to carry out program approval and accreditation processes
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take on projects on own initiative, consulting as required
• Demonstrated ability to network effectively with internal and external stakeholders relevant to the HIM program
• Demonstrated effective positive interpersonal and networking skills, including teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
Demonstrated experience in educational planning, recruitment, advising on faculty criteria, and hiring faculty through a interviewing process in accordance with a collective agreement.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cultural safety and humility in the context of education and health information management practice.
• Knowledge of all years of the Bachelor of HIM and PBD - HIM program
• Knowledge of all streams of Douglas College Health Information Management programs.
• Demonstrated self-direction, motivation, initiative and creativity.
• Represents the values, goals and philosophy of the Health Information Management Department, Health Sciences, and Douglas College.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/20/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter is submitted online and received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday July 3, 2023.
Please submit covering letter and resume that specifically indicates how your background, education, and experience meets the job posting requirements.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10938
Education and Training