Position Title Student Research Assistant, IMPACTS (HSS) Posting Number 01941SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level II Salary Range $18.95/hour Position Type Student Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 09/05/2023 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift N/A Work Arrangements
The position is located at the New Westminster campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2023: September 5, 2023 - December 17, 2023
2. Winter 2024: January 3, 2024 - April 24, 2024
3. Summer 2024: May 6, 2024 - August 18, 2024
This position will be located in the Humanities and Social Sciences Department (N3400).
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
IMPACTS is an international academic project to address sexual violence in all its physical and virtual forms in post-secondary contexts. We achieve this through evidence-based research and partnered collaborations to inform policies that protect and support survivors and ensure due process for alleged perpetrators. Our project will facilitate the fostering of inclusive learning environments that are free of intersecting forms of discrimination and violence.Responsibilities
• Data Collection
• Group facilitation
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• To be a Psychology, Criminology or Sociology student
• Proficient with MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Familiar with survey and focus group research methodologies
• Knowledge of SPSS and NVivo an asset
• Research methods courses in social sciences an asset
• Knowledge of college and community support services an asset Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term
4. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the institution in the term immediately following the work termInternational students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 07/26/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11101