Position Title Student Assistant, Career Centre Posting Number 01965SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level I Salary Range $17.88/hour Position Type Student Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 09/05/2023 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift See Work Arrangements Work Arrangements
The position is located at the New Westminster and Coquitlam campus. Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2023: September 5, 2023 - December 17, 2023
2. Winter 2024: January 3, 2024 - April 24, 2024
3. Summer 2024: May 6, 2024 - August 18, 2024
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Career Centre Student Assistant will assist the staff with marketing the Career Centre programs on campus to current students along with creating and updating promotional materials for the Career Centre programs. The Career Centre Student Assistant will be stationed in the New Westminster or Coquitlam campus concourse one day a week and/or working in the Business Development office, as required, to bring awareness of the Career Centre programs to students.Responsibilities
• Attending regular team meetings.
• Assisting with designing, writing/editing, and reformatting digital and printed communications for students, faculty, and employers to keep promotional items fresh and current.
• Supporting the supervisor with communicating to students via Careers Centre social media platforms to learn about the services the Career Centre provides to all current and past students.
• Assisting the Coordinator, Business Development Events with event planning and marketing and additional activities related to the promotion of the Career Centre.
• Using testimonials from employers, faculty advisors, and students for publication on Career Centre Social Media platforms.
• Supporting the Coordinator, Business Development Promotions in digital marketing, and program review focus group events and contact database updates.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Effective communication skills - able to approach people to share the benefits of the Career Centre services
• Savvy user of Social Media - Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work well with minimal supervision and is self-motivated
• Previous experience in a sales environmentDomestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term; OR
4. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the institution in the term immediately following the work term.International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 08/04/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include the following:
- Douglas College Student ID number or indicate if you are enrolled in another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Domestic or International student status
- Being eligible to work please indicate the work terms you are applying for:
1. Fall 2023
2. Winter 2024
3. Summer 2024
- If selected for an interview please bring one of the following:
1. Proof of enrollment for work term from Douglas College OR
2. Proof of enrollment for work term from another post-secondary institution OR
3. Domestic students only: proof of registration for the term immediately preceding the work term and indication of intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11181