Structural Steel Fabrication Shop Foreman: Harvey 2423
We require immediately, a Structural Steel Fabrication Shop Foreman, who has 10 years plus of working experience as a Foreman, and able to run our manufacturing shop located in Delta, B.C.
This position reports directly to the President, and plays a key role in meeting the company’s customer service and profit objectives, through meeting fabrication deadlines, meeting or improving on budgeted job fabrication hours, and ensuring 0 defect in jobs quality.
Job Duties involve:
- · Ensuring safe and efficient function of the shop
- · Supervises shop employees
- · Hands on assistance in fabrication of ongoing projects as needed
- · Develop, train and coach shop staff
- · Conduct performance reviews and evaluations
- · Complete daily schedule, station assignments, training, vacation scheduling, breaks and assignments of overtime
- · Maintaining time and attendance for shop staff
- · Coordinate new job start-ups and scheduling projections
- · Responsible for all quality control, texting, and necessary adjustments
- · Ensure clean and organized work areas
- · Complete all required paperwork
- · Inventory and maintain all production materials and supplies
- · Maintain and/or service all shop equipment
- · Proactive communication with all depts. To ensure job flow and quality
- · Hands-on, verifiable knowledge with 10 years of previous working experience in fabricating structural and miscellaneous steel, including structural beams, columns, stairs, handrails, guard rails, ladders and gates
- · Ability to read and interpret X Steel drawings and blueprints
- · Knowledge of welding codes, specifications and standards
- · Layout, fit, tack, weld and grind all fabrications
- · Set-up and operate all shop equipment
- · Ability to coach, train and motivate fabrication staff
- · Current welding certificates
- · Valid driver’s license
- · Drug free (ability to pass a drug test)
- · Basic computer skills
- · Able to lift up to 75lbs.
- · Able to stand for long periods of time
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $70,000 - $90,000 depending on experience.
Plus benefits package
Possible Bonus on Performance.
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com.
Manufacturing and Production