At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax team is a multidisciplinary team of engineers, accountants, and tax professionals with deep industry experience. Our teams work with businesses to help determine a company's eligibility to recover SR&ED tax credits offered by both the federal and provincial government. Many businesses and technology companies' conduct SR&ED activities to develop products or processes with a view to developing intellectual property, reducing costs, improving performance, or creating new markets. We support our clients in identifying which of these activities meet SR&ED eligibility criteria.
We are seeking an enthusiastic SR&ED Consultant specializing in Software Engineering. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in guiding clients through the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) process, while contributing to the success of their R&D initiatives. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist in conducting assessments of software engineering projects to identify eligible SR&ED activities
- Collaborate with clients to gather technical information and support the documentation of eligible expenditures and activities.
- Learn and apply SR&ED policies, guidelines, and processes under the guidance of senior consultants.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of SR&ED claims, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Stay informed about industry trends and changes in SR&ED policies to support informed client advice
KPMG BC Region Pay Range Information
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Software development experience within industry.
- Experience in other R&D related government tax incentive programs is an asset.
- Basic understanding of software engineering concepts and practices.
- Developing communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients and articulate technical details in SR&ED claims
- Keen analytical abilities to learn and evaluate eligible SR&ED activities and expenditures accurately
- Eagerness to learn and apply SR&ED consulting principles and practices
The expected base salary range for this position is $66,000- $99,000 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant's base salary within this range is based on the individual's location, skills & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .