At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Tax practice in the Greater Vancouver Area is looking for a Manager to join the International Corporate Tax group. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our International Tax group's primary focus is to create flexible structures that help reduce corporate and project-level taxation while meeting the business, legal, and financing needs of our clients. The group focuses on a wide range of inbound and outbound taxation issues affecting business operations conducted in Canada, the US, and abroad.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to oversee the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Leading medium and large sized client engagements.
- Working closely with other members of our team as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Advising on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Working with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
- Minimum 3-5 years specializing in Canadian Corporate Tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completion of or enrolment in the In-depth Tax Course.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Provides others with opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Proven ability to lead medium sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients.
#LI- JS Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .