At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients' most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
We are seeking a Vancouver-based Senior Manager to strengthen our Operations practice. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service. What you will do
As a Senior Manager in our Government Solutions practice, you will have overall responsibility to plan and manage client engagements, lead the day-to-day operation and execution of services and contribute to business development activities by:
What you bring to the role
- Being known as a trusted advisor and as a champion within the government / public sector
- Providing day-to-day guidance and actionable coaching to your team. You will manage, mentor and train junior team members, as well as provide support to other service lines within Management Consulting.
- Being responsible for overall engagement planning and delivery as well as managing engagement economics and risk processes.
- Managing the delivery of multiple and/or large scale client projects ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery of quality work which meets the client requirements and expectations.
- Identifying business development opportunities and contributing to the development and submission of proposals and bid documents . Leading pursuits aligned to client issues.
- Leveraging your understanding of operations, finance and government to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and make informed recommendations.
- Working across various stakeholder groups up to senior and executive leadership to facilitate all phases of projects from inception to close.
- Motivating your team and creating a culture of inclusion.
- 10+ years of work experience in a comparable capacity within government, with government, management consulting or some combination of these three areas.
- 3+ years working in a leadership capacity within a professional services or consulting firm. Proven project management success with a strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects.
- A university degree in business, management, operations or MBA or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills.
- A highly strategic individual with an advanced analytical skillset. In particular, demonstrated experience working with data, inferring insights from data and briefing senior leaders on insights and recommendations.
- The ability to think creatively, holistically and to problem-solve.
- The drive to work closely within a collaborative environment to lead your team to success and manage project deliverables.
- Strong at cultivating relationships at mid-levels - Managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- You understand that at times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
In British Columbia, the expected annual total compensation range for this position is $152,650 to $210,528. The determination of an applicant's compensation within this range is based on the individual's location, skills & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition to total compensation, KPMG also offers a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards program. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .