Express Employment Professionals, Delta/ Richmond, is currently hiring a self-motivated and career-minded Senior Accountant to join our client’s team in Surrey. Our client company is a very well-established company in logistics/ transportation industry since the 1940’s and is a leader in Western Canada. This position reports directly to the Controller and works closely with their Accounts Payable Department. You will be part of the valued employee and will have the support of their Finance and Accounting team.
Our client company is a great place to work at while building on your skills and knowledge as an Accountant. We require that you have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP software as this is used for its Finance and Accounts Payable teams.
• Assisting CEO and Controller with queries
• Perform general accounting duties including journal entries, reconciliations, month end close and creating financial statements, budgets, and other financial documents and reports for all terminals and entities.
• Fuel management including tracking fuel pricing daily, handling all accounting related to fuel including fuel splitting for terminals, accurately updating weekly fuel costs into AS400 and matching transactions with vendor invoices to ensure that data aligns with invoices.
• Managing large volume of banking/cash flow transactions for Canadian and US accounts
• Providing stakeholders with weekly operations report for review and updating the report with any necessary changes
• Managing capital, equipment and property loan, revenue analysis, intercompany reconciliations, and Owner/Operator reports
• Coordinating with AP and AR department for lease operators related data and bank reconciliations.
• Monitoring daily cash flows to ensure optimum levels are maintained.
• Processing various vendor payments, lease op payments and government taxes.
• Aiding external auditors to ensure all quarterly and annual tax returns are filed on time and in accordance with all the government and bank regulations.
The successful candidate must:
• Have 3-5 years progressive experience as an accountant.
• Be a CPA candidate, or CPA designated.
• Have a high level of proficiency in Excel.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• AS400 experience is an asset.
• Experience in logistics or transportation would be an asset.
Salary is $75-85K/ annum. Benefits to after probationary period.
Please send me your resume in MS Word and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to follow up with me at 604-668-5899 ext 2020 - preferably after sending me your resume to better understand your profile and match for this role. Our website for this and other roles and to pass to friends and family: www.expresspros.com/deltarichmondbc . Thank you.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About Express Employment Professionals
As a full-service staffing company, Express Employment Professionals provide cost-effective solutions to assist client companies with their staffing needs, helping their business meet its bottom-li...Read More