Seeking an Accounting professional with 3+ years of progressive accounting experience. Working for a very well-known and loved BC organization with a long history, many passionate customers, and a collaborative team culture. Based in ABBOTSFORD.
Who the Company:
Our client is a complex, well-known, and successful Abbotsford organization that was founded many decades ago. A good deal of their revenue stream comes through food & beverage, but more broadly the organization is in the hospitality and entertainment space. The company has a tightknit, energetic, and friendly corporate culture, with a major emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
What- the Role:
On behalf of our client, Swim Recruiting is seeking a new Accountant who will be accountable for full-cycle accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, working papers, budgeting, forecasting, month/quarter/year end close, bank reconciliations, variance analysis, journal entries, etc. The Accountant will also have the opportunity to contribute to process improvements and various projects going on within the business.
The Accountant will interact with internal and external stakeholders- in accounting & finance, but also in sales, operations, marketing, etc. This is a well-rounded role with lots of variety! SWIM will provide interested candidates with a more thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking people who enjoy working in a fun-loving and fast-paced corporate culture with a focus on teamwork. A hands-on and “we’re all in this together” approach to work is crucial in this role. The Accounting & Finance team at this company celebrates wins collectively and faces challenges together.
- At least 3 years of relevant and progressive experience in accounting.
- Experience working an ever-changing and fast-paced sector is important- for example, food & beverage, restaurants, hotel chain, gaming, tourism, event planning company, conference facility, etc.
- Pursuit of CPA accounting designation is strongly preferred (and the company will provide CPA professional development support).
- Good systems skills, particularly in Excel. Experience using a tier 1 ERP such as SAP, Oracle, Dynamics, or JD Edwards is highly preferred but not required.
- Confident, professional, and articulate, with ability to liaise with non-accounting colleagues. There will also be some interaction with high-profile customers, business partners, and external stakeholders in this role.
This company is located in the heart of Abbotsford. Free employee parking. This is a full time in-office role, with a very fun and vibrant office environment!
Base salary is commensurate with experience, education/qualifications, and skills. Plus an RRSP match, professional development support, health benefits, and some excellent employee perks and discounts!
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly! SWIM is presenting short-listed Accountant candidates directly to the hiring team for review. If you are interested and would like to hear more about this great opportunity with a reputable Abbotsford-based organization, please reach out to your contact at SWIM. If you do not yet have a Recruiter at SWIM, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance