Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Chetwynd General Hospital.
Reporting to the Site Manager, guided by the Vision and Values of the Northern health Authority, BCCNM Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics, identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area approved Policies, Procedures, and Protocols.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, Rotating Chetwynd General Hospital
has 7 Long-term beds and 5 Acute Care beds. Services include emergency, medical inpatient, palliative care, and respiratory therapy. Chetwynd
lies in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River Country. The area is rich in oil, gas and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Other major industries in the area are ranching, tourism, mining, and the service sector. The population of Chetwynd is 3,100, with a trading area of 7,000. There are three elementary schools, one Montessori school, one secondary school and a Northern Lights College campus. Affordable housing, where you can live on acreage only minutes from town, makes Chetwynd an ideal choice for a career move. Chetwynd is very tight-knit and has a vibrant art community. Check out Chetwynd for more information on this friendly and supportive community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Current Level C CPR certification required.
• NRP and ACLS certification an asset.
• TNCC, ENCP, BTLS certification an asset.
• Minimum two (2) years experience on Medical, Maternity and Emergency Units. Advanced Critical Care and Maternity courses are an asset.Skills and Abilities:
• Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Interact with others effectively.
• Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
• Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
• Operate related equipment.
• Teach and provide clinical supervision.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.