Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Stuart Lake Hospital.
Under the direction of the Site Manager is responsible for the nursing care of assigned patients.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating Stuart Lake Hospital
is a six acute care bed facility with six additional long-term care beds. The Hospital serves the community of Fort St James as well as the First Nation's Communities of Takla, Yekooche, Nak'azdli, and Tl'azt'en (Binche and Tachie). The hospital has 24/7 emergency, diagnostic, laboratory, palliative care and a pharmacy. It offers full and part time physicians as well as visiting specialists. Fort St. James
is located on the southeast shore of Stuart Lake. The population of the Fort St. James area is 4,500 (2021) including the rural areas and First Nations. Enjoy an active, energetic, diverse community that offers plentiful indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Check out Fort St. James for more information on this unique rural community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Current CPR Level C.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to physically perform the duties of the job, and has the ability to organize the work.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
• Able to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.