You approach HR from a people perspective and have proven experience in making a difference to an organization's employee experience. You are passionate about partnering with managers and employees to accomplish business objectives through thoughtful, intentional, and innovative people practices.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, as the People & Culture Generalist, you love the fast-paced feel of a growing Technology company and supporting whatever is needed as we grow. You are always looking to learn something new and cannot wait to take on whatever challenge comes your way. During busy times our team needs all hands on deck! If you are willing to jump in and learn, you will love it here. What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Know
- Build solid relationships - seek to understand every aspect of the business and be a trusted advisor on people and organizational topics
- Assist in the delivery and management of employee communications (including monthly company events, manager sessions, regular CEO/business updates, change communication plans, etc.) helping to align people with the culture and the business strategy
- Work with the business team leaders on performance decisions, talent development, employee engagement, and People program rollouts
- Manage the day-to-day human resources activities and duties
- Work with recruiting to onboard new hires and support the recruiting function
- Provide strategic advice on organizational structure design, succession planning, hiring, promotions, talent development, employee engagement, and culture
- Provide support for office management as required
- A lot of other things - that you'll jump in and learn as they come your way
What You Must Have
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination, and challenges the status quo
- A high degree of empathy and the ability to see other's perspectives
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better every day
- Be a trusted advisor to the business
- Be part of creating a high-performing culture with engaged employees
- Become a jack-of-all-trades on the People Team and unafraid to jump into the unknown to always learn and develop your skills
- Be a problem-solver and encourage people to see things from differing viewpoints
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Generalist with outstanding knowledge of HR practices
- Strong background in communications is an asset
- Energetic and upbeat with a can-do attitude
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of the information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to influence positive relationships across the organization are necessary
- Willingness to take on whatever is needed to get the job done
- A university degree or equivalent experience in a related field
The BuildDirect platform connects homeowners and home improvement professionals in North America with supplies and sellers of quality building materials from around the world, including flooring, tile, decking and more.
BuildDirect has been in business for 22 years. Recently we've shared a lot of exciting news, from going public (TSXV:BILD) to merging with two brands in the US - Floorsource and Superb Flooring. And we are hoping to not stop there. We have a lot of great plans over the next two years and we are looking for the crew who is going to take us there.
Does this sound like a great job for you? Complete an application form on our website at www.builddirect.com/Careers and start your journey with us today. We're working hybrid style, where we offer a lot of flexibility to allow people some freedom in their work life. We have a great office in downtown Vancouver, next to the Waterfront Skytrain station and close to hundreds of restaurants and shops.