Do you have a passion for PCB design and product development? Get some hands-on experience on our Hardware Team in Burnaby!
Fortinet has an opportunity for Hardware Developers to be responsible for all aspects of the product development cycle including: definition, implementation and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology. Job Responsibilities
• PCB layout, high frequency, high density, low noise.
• Gerber and manufacturing files, support the contract manufacturer.
• Design validation, and reliability testing.
• Analyze and resolve the design issues prototype in the field.
• Schematic design - including component selection, capture design, electrical stimulation.
• Board layout - including PCB stack up definition, component placement, detailed routing rule setting; high speed signal simulation.
• System verification and validation
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Job Skills Required
• 1 + years of Experience in hardware design with successful delivery to market
• Signal integrity and simulation techniques & tools
• Experience with supporting the board manufacturer, PCB/PCBA
• Schematic capture tools, Allegro PCB layout
• High-speed processors (such as X86, Ethernet switches) designing and PCB board routing.
• Familiar with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate in design.
• Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance.
• Good lab skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication between teams and vendors
• Self-motivated Educational Requirements
• Masters/PHD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, degree preferred
Software and Programming Information Technology