Fortinet has an opportunity for a Hardware Developer to join for all aspects of the product development cycle including definition, implementation, and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross-functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology.Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required:
- Schematic design - including component selection, circuit capture, DRC check, and PCBA BOM.
- Board layout - including PCB stackup definition, component placement, detailed routing rule checking.
- Design consideration for high frequency, high density, low noise, and good DFX products.
- Support the contract manufacturer or JDM partners for PCB Gerber and manufacturing files.
- Board bring up, design verification, system reliability validation, and compliances tests.
- Analyze and resolve the design issues in the prototype stage to meet all specification requirements and delivery time to market.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB design tools, especially Cadence Orcad and Allegro PCB layout tool
- Experienced in High-speed processors (such as Intel X86, Ethernet switches) design and PCB board routing.
- High-speed signal integrity design experience.
- Experienced with supporting the board manufacturer for circuit design, component placement, board routing, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Excellent lab skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Experience with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate related issues in design.
- Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills among teams and with vendors
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Applied Science
Software and Programming Information Technology