is currently seeking an Intermediate Design Technologist
to join our Municipal Infrastructure team, located at our Langley, BC office. This position will be responsible for designing on various municipal and land development assignments (site and subdivision planning and design, municipal roads, residential developments, storm water management, pipe networks etc.) for projects locally and throughout BC.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
Responsibilities will include design and drafting of land development and municipal infrastructure projects and assisting team members with project requirements including but not limited to:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 3D Design on various land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Participate in project meetings with contractors, clients/owners and affected stakeholders;
- Take projects from preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans, and project documentation requirements, using primarily AutoCAD Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed;
- Coordinate the preparation of documents required for regulatory approvals, prepare construction cost estimates and tender documents/contracts;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in AutoCAD drafting and design and knowledge in AutoCAD Civil 3D software is mandatory;
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university;
- Registered with or eligible to register with ASTTBC or other technical accreditation body;
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required
- Ability to understand and come quickly up to speed on local development bylaws and regulations
- Ability to work with various software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project and Power Point);
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a busy and close-knit team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Expected Salary (all locations): $62,600 - $106,400
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians