WSP is currently seeking a BIM Modeller to join our Ports, Marine and Coastal Group, Reporting to the Operations Manager this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to construction, for clients in a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects in the areas of ports and harbors; coastal, environmental, and water resources; urban waterfronts and marinas; transportation highways, bridges, and rail.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Development and implementation of Autodesk's Revit software as an office wide standard while coordinating and mentoring Revit based teams during the course of multiple projects.
- Assist in the research, development, documentation, communication and administration of BIM standards in coordination with other global WSP Offices. Promote practices to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertake short term assignment in WSP Netherlands to get oriented with WSP's Global BIM procedures and processes.
- Coordinate processes that facilitate the interoperability of CAD, graphics and modeling tools
- Draft detailed drawings of structures and installations such as cargo terminals, marinas, wharfs, bulkhead walls, and coastal structures (beaches, revetments, breakwaters, and jetties)
- Create detailing/design of structural connections and components with concrete reinforcing and steel construction focus
- extract quantities from the 3D models, drawings and specifications for earthworks, dredging, reclamation etc. to compile a bill of quantities and assist in preparation of tender documents.
- importing point clouds for generating as-built 3D models of existing structures which can then be used to model current grade elevations/profiles or the 3D seabed .
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field.
- Past experience implementing BIM in Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience, preferably in Ports, Maritime, Coastal, Civil and Infrastructure works
- Superior knowledge of Revit / BIM implementation for civil - infrastructure projects
- master of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, and Grasshopper/Rhino
- Passion for BIM technologies with ability to promote these technologies and practices to increase user effectiveness.
- Customer Service oriented with commitment to working within a team environment and wider organization.
- ability to use or develop advanced Dynamo scripts and Python coding
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
- Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
- Sound knowledge in structural engineering with good knowledge of reinforcement bar detailing is an asset
- Other skill sets that will be of interest include but not limited to GIS, ArcGIS, Map3D, Infraworks related experience and knowledge of open-source file formats for data exchange.
- French speaking is an asset
Expected Salary (all locations): $72,600 - $123,400
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.